Pediatrics – Common nutritional deficiency diseases
- Osteoporosis. Rickets. Tetany.
- Iodine deficiency. Goiter.
- Selenium deficiency. Keshan disease.
- Iron deficiency. Iron deficiency anemia.
- Growth retardation.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) Beriberi.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) Pellagra.
- Vitamin C. Scurvy.
Nutritional disease, any of the nutrient-related diseases and conditions that cause illness in humans. They may include deficiencies or excesses in the diet, obesity and eating disorders, and chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, cancer, and diabetes mellitus. Nutritional diseases also include developmental abnormalities that can be prevented by diet, hereditary metabolic disorders that respond to dietary treatment, the interaction of foods and nutrients with drugs, food allergies and intolerances, and potential hazards in the food supply. All of these categories are described in this article.
Best-Known Sources Of Calcium For Children: